Saturday, October 11, 2008

My big day out!! PART I

Today was interesting rather than my monotonous life at college, i was at home thinking about the losses in the share markets n stuff like that and counting the number of zeros for $8trillion..... and today I didn’t get a call from morning and it felt really odd, I felt so odd that i wanted to give a missed call to my mobile from the land line......just then my phone started ringing :D
It was my uncle who wanted me to come to his room in the 1st floor, whereas I live up in the 3rd floor.....

We were supposed to go for shopping cause he's getting married next month......as usual i forgot all about it......by 3pm we were all set to go :)

My uncle and the other cousins boarded my uncle's car, whereas I ended up as a pillion in my cousin's new Karizma :( anyway it was a racy drive to Spencer......where v went to pantaloons, to check out their latest collections, to our disgrace there was a power cut from 3 pm.
The place was all dark with minimum lighting, which wasn't good enough to check out the true essence of the fabric......so v decided to have a snack at sri mithai( my fav chat shop ).
There I ordered my usual favourite Dahi poori, wow its fun coming shopping with my cousins, lol.

I wanted to finish my order as soon as i got the plate, too greedy to share lol.....but my cousins where rather cautious and took scoops of my chat before I cud even taste it.
Now the fun started, as i was eating i saw a girl standing at a corner table, she was as tall as me......slim, pale skinned, with a white t-shirt n a black pant(even I wore the same combination), she had a friend with her. They both were in some type of conversation. It was rather odd that our eyes met every now n then......and one of my cousin started saying that she was staring at him, he he:D

And we waited outside the Sri Mithai for at least 10 more minutes because one of my cousin was caught up in traffic, who was coming from Perambur.......while waiting I was happily ogling at the girl, and my cousin claiming that she was looking at him, lol......n just then the power was back.

So we were back on our shopping spree, we checked out pantaloons but we didn't get a majority acceptance to their designs, because we all chose to wear the same design pattern of kurta for my uncle's marriage.....so after an unsuccessful search, we came out......on my way out, i saw a girl whom I've known for quite a while.......not that I know her personally, but rather heard so much about her, she's a girl from my college.......who was cute, with her twin-like sister, its their eyes that catches my attention.....but didn't dare to talk in front of my cousins.

As we were coming out, my uncle said we can find better designs at RMKV in T-nagar. This time I decided to go in the car......that's one wrong decision I made, the car was so cramped with my little cousins.....these guys have become really fat and it was hot inside the car besides having a so-called air-conditioner.......

We reached our destination, but a new problem arose!! we didn't have a place to park, now being a festive season for the shops filled with diwali shoppers......so we where circling Panagal park for about 15 minutes till we found a parking slot near the opening of a small street......

We then went into the shop, it was crowded but we didn't mind......we started off searching for good designs, it was human tendency that each one wanted his own selection to be worn by the others too..... so we fought for a while, in the end my uncle himself selected a kurta which was orange-golden-yellow mixed cocktail..... I was the 1st one to oppose it, then he asked me to try it on......I must say I looked pretty good;) , so from then onwards I started campaigning for the same..... This is a typical situation that happens in offices where in you have to convince all of your colleagues to win a majority......here I faced a similar situation with my cousins.

Despite my efforts, everyone was convinced except 3 of my youngest cousins, who were just too dumb and stubborn to listen to what we told them. We didn't want the little guys to feel left out, so we went to another shop, checked out the designs......but they weren't better than what we saw earlier in RMKV, so we went back n thought of ordering the same design for everyone.......but just then one of my elder cousins(the one who happened to claimed that the girl was staring at him back in Sri Mithai) started to oppose the design, this amused the little guys.....who where just too happy that we have to start all over again......by then everyone got exhausted, all they wanted to do was to sit n relax, so we just convinced my elder cousin......and then my uncle ordered 15 sets of the same in different sizes......

(to be continued...)

1 comment:

Arjun Rajakutty said...

I know pretty much most of the characters in this article here and you did message me the instant u saw the not the expected people..